I love San Antonio
Okay...so...the details are still forthcoming, but with the reports from the Police raid on WSOP final table finisher Richard Lee's home, it sure looks like he is guilty of at least taking bets that he shouldn't have.
In the interests of reporting the truth on Lee and his situation, I happily clicked a link to a press conference Lee held on the steps of his San Antonio home, not aware that I was about to endure ten minutes of Lee finding new ways of saying "I love San Antonio" over and over again.
To spare you from having to sit through the video, I'll hit the highlights.
- Richard Lee is the same guy he was three days ago.
- He is also the same guy he was yesterday.
- His dad was the first Chinese American guy who did something in public office (I missed exactly what.)
- Lee was wearing the same San Antonio shirt he did at the final table, not because he is fishing for sympathy, but because he...really loves San Antonio.
- Richard Lee is the same guy he was on August 8th.
- Lee turned down six figure offers from poker rooms, preferring to wear his San Antonio shirt than their swag.
- Richard Lee thinks the kids giving his daughter a hard time in school should start having some class.
- San Antonio has been good to Richard Lee.
- One of the reporters was either moved to tears by Lee's story, or was weeping from the effort of holding the microphone at arms length for the duration of Lee's performance of an original composition, "My Love for San Antonio is as Perfect as an Ace on the River."
- Despite everything you may imagine to the contrary, Richard Lee does, in fact, love San Antonio.
If you wish to subject yourself to the entirety of the video, follow this link,
but be forewarned; the video ends before he actually says anything about what was going on the night of the raid, but not before he says a LOT of other stuff. A LOT.